Bryant State Bank is committed to Security. For your protection, we suggest you observe the following best practices.
Measures to Help Fight Identify Theft & Protect Yourself
- Never provide your password over the phone or in response to an unsolicited Internet request.
- Never provide personal financial information over the phone or the Internet if you did not initiate the contact.
- If in doubt of the identity of the person contacting you, call the party back using contact information that you have verified.
- Never click on the link provided in an e-mail you believe to be fraudulent.
- Do not be intimidated by an email or caller who suggests dire consequences, if you do not immediately provide financial information.
- Review your account statements regularly to ensure all charges are correct.
- Shred all non-public, confidential information when discarding or throwing out.
- If you believe you may be a victim of fraud, act immediately to protect yourself. Visit the following website for information on identity theft: http://ftc.gov/
Examples of Best Practices for Protecting Your Privacy and Your Data
- Use strong passwords and change them regularly.
- When you are browsing the Internet, protect yourself by using HTTPS whenever possible. For example: https://www.google.com. The “s” in https represents a secure website.
- Avoid the use of public computers.
- Keep your software up-to-date.
- Install and maintain anti-virus software programs.
- If using a smart phone, use the phone’s security features.
Fraud Education Information and Resources